Well, today has been for more pleasant than yesterday. I had a lot of little things all piling up on me and I just kind of emotionally threw up. I was legitimately so upset that I just didn’t know what else to do with my self.
I’ve been realizing that Life and Stuff have been on my heart, while Guys have been on my mind. I suppose it’s good that it’s not the other way around. I’ve been putting serious thought into why girls do what they do. So here are the Big Questions I have had. If you’re a guy please feel free to let me know the answers to my musings.
1. Girls spend crazy amounts of time straightening and curling their hair (not me. What I wake up with or how it dries is what we’re living with) In general Do guys like curly or straight hair? Does it even matter at all?
2. Girls put tons of effort into making sure their eyelashes look as long and full as possible. (I know I do. Torturing my poor eyelashes to the point where they won’t even speak to me anymore.) Do guys even notice a girl’s eyelashes? And if they do, does it make a difference in their perception of them?
3. The idea of playing hard to get is something most girls think will help them get the guy, I really have no opinion. Is hard-to-get effective at all?
4. Girls worry that if they’re too smart a guy won’t like them. Are guys likely to like a girl who is smarter than them?
5. Girls spend forever attempting to defrizz their hair. Do guys care about frizzy hair?
6. Girls are quick to fall in love with a guys gorgeous (blue if you’re me) eyes. Do guys notice girls eyes?
7. Girls hate texting guys first because it makes us feel like we’re desperate. Do guys perceive it as desperateness?
8. Girls feel like guys always go after the girls who don’t really care that their single. Is that true and if so, why?
9. This is more about me, because it’s different for every person. But I notice a guys eyes, hair and laugh first. What do guys first notice about girls?
None of these are super pertinent questions. But when it comes down to it, it’s something I’ve always wondered. I don’t need guys to notice me, I can live without it, but in general the things we do (as girls) to get that attention, Well is it working?
Thinking about being humble. A really good friend of mine just said something really wise yesterday. “Confidence in ones self can never be certain. True strength comes from the ability to overcome a false sense of needed confidence and to embrace a humility that makes us more beneficial to the world around us.” I was dumbstruck. I honestly didn’t know what to say back to that. It’s so true. We need to have confidence in ourselves to some extent, but more importantly we need humility. Funny, we’re so good at being full of ourselves. Steve Moakler once said “There’s always room to be a little more humble, there’s always room to have a little more fun.”
Spent the day enjoying the simple pleasures of my life. Watching Once Upon a Time, singing Ben Rector while driving down a country road, talking while enjoying ice cream, and just laughing. It’s beautiful.
Random Fact of the Day- Platypuses sweat milk for their young. (nasty)
Mission of the Day- If you’re a boy, answer those questions. If you’re a girl, contemplate your questions.
”We are all a little weird, and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone who’s weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” ~Dr. Seuss
Why is that ^ my life? Beautiful.